1. Written on June 2nd, 2019__________patreon. Cheers.
This is another storyboard for an unsuccessfully pitched cartoon, this time to Frederator. This story is also about a lone girl on a spaceship, but isn’t quite so depressing as “We would set our own hearts on fire for a mere moment of warmth”.
1. Written in December 2014
2. I’ve always quite liked this
3. And wish I could make it
5. But I’m not sure my meagre skills would be able to do it justice
This is a script/storyboard (plus some other bits) for a cartoon that I pitched unsuccessfully to the BFi for their Animation 2018 project (the winners of which are being shown on BBC Four this Sunday, and which should be brilliant).
If it had actually been made, it would have had sets built by Dan Rawlings and sound design by Chriddof, with slightly inept claymation (with wooden heads) animation by me (which was presumably the reason it wasn’t commissioned).
Also the other reason it probably wasn’t commissioned is because it is absolutely the most depressing thing I’ve ever written.
[Some of the models for this were later re-used in They Locked Me In This Room And Told Me To Confess, which was another unsuccessful submission for a thing (the Observer Short Comic Competition thing they run each year). Maybe these poor plasticine abominations are cursed in some way.]
[If you can’t read the words you can click on the image to enlarge it. If you still can’t read the writing, it is because it is illegible to all but me. I am sorry.]
1. Written in February and March, 2018__________patreon. Cheers.
The spaceship flew through space, away from the earth and from the sun and the planets, on a course that kept it as far away as possible from any known stars or holes or subsolar masses and it flew down this route as quickly as it could out of the galaxy and into the emptiness beyond.
And from there it would switch its course to whatever course kept it as far away as possible from any other galaxies and any other stars and any other planets and any other people especially my family and all of my friends.
I looked out of the window at the ever darkening dark and hoped soon to see no one and nothing not ever again
1. Written on July 20th, 2016__________patreon. Cheers.
Destination: Mars is the first part of a series of four.
1. Written in August and September 2017
2. This is the first chapter of four
3. The other three chapters are Location: Mars, Contamination: Mars, and Evacuation: Mars
4. I hope those chapter titles aren’t spoilers
5. This isn’t actually named after the Tintin book Destination Moon
6. Despite it seeming obvious that it should be
7. Somehow I had never read that one or even heard of it until a couple of months later
8. When one of my nieces or nephews had it out from the library
9. Having previously only read Explorers On The Moon out of the Tintin moon books
9. It is also not named after the film Destination Moon
10. Which I had never heard of at all until exactly now
11. While writing these notes
12. And looking up the Tintin book on google
13. Which also showed me there’s a book called Destination Mars
14. And another book
15. And a film
16. And a tv show
17. I’m going to give up looking now
18. At least mine has a colon in the title
19. To differentiate it
20. From all the others
21. I hope that’s enough