“Come one! Come all! And welcome to the ultimate test of skill… That’s right, live from the Independent Monetary Kingdom of Coinland, it’s time once again for The Coin Toss World Cup! 8 billion players from all around the world! One solitary winner! Who will it be? Who knows! But it could be you! And it has to be someone!”
The Coin Toss World Cup (available here and here) is an exciting game of skill and talent in which YOU could become the number one “heads-or-tailser” in the world! All you have to do is choose (and not lose)!
Please Note: The download version on itch.io also includes a commentary free version, if you want to skip everything but the coin tossing. And also there’s an animation of a £2 coin rotating on a piece of paper I made that I included for some reason.
Please Also Note: If you can’t download them for some reason, you can also play The Coin Toss World Cup here straight away with no extra clicking or anything, and play the commentary free version here, too).
Please Also Finally Note: The save menu (with back buttons too) might be hidden on mobile, so you’ll need to click the arrow in the top left corner to make that appear. Not that I can think of any reason at all why you might want to utilise a back button of all things.
1. The Coin Toss World Cup was made in July 2023
2. Using TWINE
3. I like TWINE
4. Anyway I just wanted to make a sports game without any sports really.
5. So I made this.
6. I’ve always loved the coin tosses they make players do before matches and penalty shootouts and whatever
7. And reading about all those old football matches that were decided by coin tosses
8. And or also elections sometimes too
9. Which always leaves me feeling kind of weird when I think about it.
10. For some reason.
11. Anyway, that £1 coin in the cover image is my favourite £1 coin ever
12. It has a skull on it.
13. “Heads or SKULL?”
14. More coins should have skulls on them.
15. Or even maybe an actual tail one day.