1. Lucy stood on the pier and looked out to sea. She did not care what was currently occurring behind her. The smoke of flames and ghosts neither mingle nor mix.
2. The dogs ran beneath the moons at noon, howling at every single one with a joy that was hard for any human heart to possess.
3. Yulia lay in a boat at the harbour and dreamed a dream of a dream within a dream, waking luxuriously from each one over the course of an especially decadent hour. Even the mermaid was jealous.
4. Smoke billowed up like volcanic clouds from the centre of town. Alarms sounded and were subsequently ignored.
5. The blinds in the mayor’s office opened briefly for a moment, then closed again before anyone had noticed.
6. The whale looked at the penguin and the penguin looked at the whale and the whale looked at the penguin and the penguin looked at the whale and not once did they blink or back down.
7. Edith’s barbecue clearly did not go as planned, but she insisted afterwards that in fact it absolutely had.
1. Written on May 17th, 2022__________patreon or my ko-fi. Patreon subscribers get not just early access to content and also the occasional gift, but also my eternal gratitude. Which I'm not sure is very useful, but is certainly very real.(Ko-fi contributors probably only get the gratitude I'm afraid, but please get in touch if you want more). Thank you!