1. Made on 19th July, 2019
2. Although the photos it’s stitched together from are from 2015
3. And were taken using a broken digital camera
4. Which is why everything is discoloured and distorted
5. Also, the music is a snippet of Bahamut by Hazmat Modine
This is a script/storyboard (plus some other bits) for a cartoon that I pitched unsuccessfully to the BFi for their Animation 2018 project (the winners of which are being shown on BBC Four this Sunday, and which should be brilliant).
If it had actually been made, it would have had sets built by Dan Rawlings and sound design by Chriddof, with slightly inept claymation (with wooden heads) animation by me (which was presumably the reason it wasn’t commissioned).
Also the other reason it probably wasn’t commissioned is because it is absolutely the most depressing thing I’ve ever written.
[Some of the models for this were later re-used in They Locked Me In This Room And Told Me To Confess, which was another unsuccessful submission for a thing (the Observer Short Comic Competition thing they run each year). Maybe these poor plasticine abominations are cursed in some way.]
[If you can’t read the words you can click on the image to enlarge it. If you still can’t read the writing, it is because it is illegible to all but me. I am sorry.]
1. Made on February 9th, 2013
2. Using a 3DS
3. And the stop-motion software built into it
4. And then using imovie to add the music, and reverse it
5. Unfortunately there’s a boring 30 seconds in the middle of it
6. That I should have edited out
7. The music is Pipe Down Jules Verne, by Vom Vorton