The Infinite 8-Bit Computer Game Character Archive (available here and here) generates character histories for an infinite amount of imaginary 8-Bit computer game characters from an infinite amount of imaginary 8-Bit computer games.
1. Made on the 18th and 19th December, 2023
2. I decided to make this when I started playing Earthbound the other day, and liking the bit at the start where you can have it randomly choose names for all your characters if you can’t be bothered to name them yourself.
3. I made the sprites in Pulp, the Playdate game maker machine, largely because I couldn’t actually find any straight pixel art editor that worked properly. Anyway, that’s why these are all tiny little 8×8 monochrome animations rather than anything more lavish and/or system accurate.
4. The list of originating systems was aided by the use of this marvellous wikipedia page. I hope they’re all genuine, but who can ever truly know.
5. Also merry christmas everyone, in case I forget to say next week when it’s actually christmas.__________patreon or my ko-fi. Patreon subscribers get not just early access to content and also the occasional gift, but also my eternal gratitude. Which I'm not sure is very useful, but is certainly very real.(Ko-fi contributors probably only get the gratitude I'm afraid, but please get in touch if you want more). Thank you!